Scholarships in Computer Science Interfacing with ‘Big-Data’ in Chemistry and Sustainability
We are seeking to recruit Computer Science graduates interested in becoming leaders in the burgeoning area of self-learning algorithms applied to the optimization of chemical processes. Opportunities exist to develop truly new types of system and leading careers in the chemical using and sustainability industries that would not be accessible to computer scientists graduating at BSc or Masters levels.
Our ideal candidate(s) will engage in a truly innovate Computer Science research path but will be integrated into a interdisciplinary research cluster with chemical science PhD co-workers, staff and industry. Applications are invited from suitably qualified graduates for fully funded 4-year PhD studentships in the interdisciplinary area of Computer Science (Artificial Intelligence) and Sustainable Chemistry.
The candidate should:
- Possess a minimum of an upper second class honours degree from an undergraduate course in Computing Science, Artificial Intelligence, Mathematics or other relevant science or engineering subject and preferably a distinction level Masters degree in a related subject. Equivalent experience will also be considered.
- Have a strong interest in applying Computer Science skills to Chemistry derived datasets.
- Have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Be able to work independently as well as a part of a mixed discipline team
- Have good interpersonal and communication skills
We are particularly looking for applicants who are motivated, enthusiastic and interested learning and developing cross-disciplinary projects cutting across a range of research areas including Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Data Science (Machine Learning), Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Pure and Applied Computational Methods and Biosciences / Synthetic Biology. Informal enquiries can be made by email to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Scholarships in Chemistry, Engineering, Biosciences and Synthetic Biology
Applications are invited from suitably qualified graduates for fully funded 4-year PhD studentships in the area of Sustainable Chemistry.
We are looking to recruit students interested in a wide range of research areas within the fields of Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Pure and Applied Computational Methods and Biosciences/Synthetic Biology.
We are particularly looking for applicants who are interested to develop projects in the fields of synthesis and catalysis, molecular modelling, process engineering, flow chemistry, process modelling, electro/photochemistry, biocatalysis, organic materials chemistry, preparation of renewable materials, food science and analytical methods.
Candidates should hold one of the following:
- A minimum of an upper second class honours degree from a 4-year undergraduate course in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering, Biosciences, Natural Sciences, Biotechnology or Pharmacy.
- A 3-year undergraduate course in one of the above disciplines plus a Masters degree and/or one year experience in industry.
The application process involves two steps:
1) Completion of the CDT application form
Please email the reference form to your referees (at least one of which should be from an academic in your current/most recent academic institution) and ensure that they complete and return them directly to the email address above.
2) University of Nottingham online application
Please ensure that you select ‘references to be submitted separately’ option in the reference information section when completing the online form.